1. You attract the best employees! It's more fun and more rewarding to work in a hugging culture, and employees who were superstars elsewhere find they make more money with us. They do better and Sharkey's does better.
2. Traditional marketing costs are lower. Marketing costs are lower in a hugging culture because your huggers are your marketers. Instead of having to run lots of expensive ads in the media that you are never really sure your customers see, you build systems and processes that help your huggers market.
3. Gross margins are higher, because we sell more haircuts and retail items at regular or higher prices. When you've developed a genuine relationship with a customer, where they trust you and know you'll be fair to them, they'll also be fair to you. That means they'll be less interested only in what's on sale or what's the cheapest haircut in town.
4. The revenue stream is long term and not highly variable. Since we stay focused and close to what our customers desire, we don't have the ups and downs that other businesses go through. The relationships you build up with the customers mean that when they're ready to get a haircut, they come to Sharkey's rather than shop around to five or six different salons or barber shops.
5. Real estate costs are lower, because we don't have to pay for the ultra-best location. Many of our salons are not in the best spot in town, because it's not essential when you've got loyal customer relationships built on a hugging culture.
"Thank you Jack", says CEO Scott Sharkey
Sharkey's Wishes a Happy & Healthy Holiday Season to All Our Franchisees! Thank You for Being a Part of Our Wonderful System!
Book your kids holiday haircuts at www.SharkeysCuts.com
Confirmations are immediate and you can even choose your preferred stylist!
We look forward to seeing you:)
Sharkey's new PR firm taking the franchise to new heights!
The salon just for kids where the haircuts are cool and fun rules!
PROJECT - TALPIOT
Talpiot is a non-profit organization whose mission is to reduce the number of at-risk children and youth in the region of Hadera and prevent risk situations in the family. Talpiot provides a comprehensive spectrum of community-oriented programs for the at-risk children and youth population and their families living in the region. A new and innovative Sharkey’s Cuts for Kids Therapeutic Kids Salon will be launched in the spring of 2017, in the Talpiot Children Village (1970), situated in Hadera, Israel, and will serve the 200 children and youth at-risk residing there, and their families.
Thanks to the generosity and commitment of Scott Sharkey, this Sharkey’s Cuts for Kids salon will offer a fun-oriented, therapeutic experience for the children and for their families, in line with Talpiot's unique child and family focused model for elimination and prevention of at-risk situations. It will serve as a unique and creative tool to strengthen the bond between at-risk children and their parents, to empower the entire at-risk family and thus contribute to the success of Talpiot's mission to rehabilitate such families and return the children home.
The Sharkey’s Cuts for Kids Therapeutic Kids Salon will offer special activity programs for parents and children; recreational and creative art programs for the children; birthday parties; and joint activities with the community.
The Talpiot Village is situated in a quiet and pleasant residential neighborhood and includes: a full residential facility of ten foster family units (120 children); and an after school day care facility of six groups (90 children); a therapy center; arts and music center; adventurous outdoor park; zoo and animal petting; sports facilities ; and a community synagogue.
The children referred to the Village receive a warm, supportive and protective embrace, which entails a variety of specifically individualized therapies i.e.: individual and group therapy; music, drama, movement, art, animal petting, and photography therapies. They participate in specially structured activities with their parents, which aim to improve communication and empower the relationship between them.
They also enjoy recreational and enrichment activities in the afternoons i.e. scholastic reinforcement and homework assistance; excellence promoting activities; music education, choir, dancing, various sports, art, photography and drama.
The Village is the core project in the organization's regional continuum of services for at-risk children and families. This continuum consists of some 16 different community services in the region, all based on the Talpiot family-focused care model, which impact some 1,000 children and families.
Sharkey's Franchising Co. founded in 2001 by Linda and Scott Sharkey